Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Step in the Right Direction

"I shoulda been a doctor"
"You know, i should have gone to med school"
"Why didn't I become a doctor?"
"Wow, you should have been a doctor."
"Yes, that's right, you should go be a doctor."

I've been saying this and hearing these things for the last 17 years. I remember being almost done with my Physics degree and saying to myself... crap, I should have been a doctor. Finally, the conversation has changed slightly. After listening to me rant for weeks about it, my friend Sallie finally put it back in my face, "Yes, that's right, you should go be a doctor." So I am.

I turned 38 last week. I feel like I'm 28. Three days ago, I started my Chemistry class. It hasn't been easy. If the quiz I took today is any indication of how well I will do in this class, then just give me the F now and I'll be on my way. However, it was a sample quiz. After all, most tests are designed to show you how much you don't know. So at least I KNOW that I have hours worth of studying to do before I get to Monday's REAL test. Then the content of the Chem 112 really starts.

Today we went to the lab to get acquainted with the room and the supplies. It took me back 15 years and I realized how much I have missed the lab. I already bought a lab coat which will be adorned with Swarovski crystals by tomorrow morning. But I think I'll be more comfy in some nice baggy scrubs.

The last time I took Chemistry, I did it because I had to. I did it because it was a requirement for my Physics Degree. This time, I'm doing it for myself. I'm doing it because I am a doctor who just hasn't finished school yet. Off I go to study, but I wanted to at least post a blog about my landmark decision. I will not rest until this is done, my soul will not be satisfied. Interesting... the more I learn about anatomy, the more I am in awe of our creator. I want to have His knowledge, I want to work on His behalf to help His children. Maybe He will guide my hands.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!
I'll post some of my paper creations soon. In the mean time, go look at my friend Michelle's Etsy store. She made some really cute bags to hold all of her weight watchers stuff. :)

BYE!

2 comments:

Alta said...

Congrats and Good luck!

ozymum said...

That's wonderful news Katie, I am so glad that you are following your dream !! Heavenly Father will guide your hands, I know how He guided the Dr's who worked on Pat.