Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Facebook... what a wonderful thing





My brother and I have been finding old friends on Facebook lately. It has just been a joy to reacquaint with friends and loved ones I haven't talked to in over 25 years. It's hard to believe that that much time has gone by, but it has. Sometimes you find out good news when you find someone, and other times, there is news that you would rather not know... or news that changes the way you remember life. In our digging, I have thought that putting pictures into my profile that fit the times of my life like College, High School, Childhood, ect... will help me remember more people that I want to find. This has really been a great couple of weeks. Very therapeutic, very heartwarming, I feel very loved.

It's too bad that there were a couple of people in my past that told me things about myself that were untrue... I remember specifically one kid in my dad's scout troop who called me "UGLY." Not because he "liked" me like your mom would like to tell you so you don't cry... but because this kid was hateful. He was in a few of my high school classes with me and you guessed it... the "UGLY" nickname was used in public. How horrifying. Now that I look back on these pictures, chat with people from the past, I realize that words can have such a grip on a soul. Please remind your children to choose their words carefully, be kind to one another, uplift one another instead of tearing each other down. I wish I had this thought back then.... YOUR OPINION OF ME IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS!

Happy Wednesday everyone, hope you stay warm, dry and safe... hope you are feeling loved!
Enjoy the pictures...

No comments: