Sunday, August 23, 2009

Allie's Scrapbook Party

One of the most wonderful benefits of being a personal tutor is that I bond very close with my students, especially kids that I meet when they are rather young and I get to watch them grow up! I love it! One of my sweetest friends is Allie. Allie came to me several years ago, below grade level in every subject and a list of learning disabilities that would make anyone just give up! She has not only learned things that were hard for her but she is going to High School in September! I am so thrilled for her.

Allie's birthday was in July, and I promised her a party. The guest list was up to her and I let her decide what her activity would be. She and her momma came to my clipboard night 3 years ago, so she knew what she wanted to do, it was easy to decide, she wanted to make altered paper bag albums. They turned out amazing!! Each party guest got to pick their own theme and papers. I was thrilled with the results, each book was just unique and beautiful.





Enjoy the pictures of Allie's special day!!!

No comments: