Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Procrastination and FEAR

Who said, there is nothing to fear but fear itself? I think they are totally wrong with their spiral thinking.

Today, I feel like I am skydiver who walks around all day on the ground still wearing the parachute in case I fall. I am a skydiver who has never been in the plane with the door open, never felt that rush, never had to leap...yet I walk around prepared as if someone will push me off terra firma and I have to depend on grasping for survival.

There are BIG plans in the works for Katie. Katie is sitting at her desk taking her last college final and the question is, "WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU KNEW YOU WILL NOT FAIL?"

I guess it's time to figure out how to take the prophylactic parachute OFF, and not use it again until I PLAN on jumping out of a plane.

I don't know where the release button is, but I know somewhere on my chest there is a toggle button that if I press it, I become free. Where is it? How will I know when the right time to drop the pack will be? What if I need to put it back on in a hurry? What does it feel like to walk around without the safety net?

No comments: